I know school just started for some and Spring Break seems very far away, but it will be here before you know it. I know planning Spring Break can seem overwhelming at times and just trying to think of ideas is difficult too. If you feel this way, then this post is for you. I find September and October are the best months to start planning Spring Break. You will have more availability for your options, better pricing and also the satisfaction of checking that off your daunting to do list before the holidays are upon us. The best part is I can help you with all of it and it will cost you the exact same if you did all the hard work yourself.
Since part of my local area has Spring Break next year on March 7-15, 2020, let’s start with ideas for those dates with this post. (I will do the April Spring Break for the rest of the area next week)
1. Beaches Resorts — All-inclusive
Beaches Resorts are the family side of Sandals Resorts and have 3 locations: Negril, Jamaica | Ocho Rios, Jamaica | Providenciales, Turks & Caicos. All of these locations are all-inclusive and all of them have something you and your kids will love. Be sure to click on the location links for a detailed digital brochure. For the best availability and room choices, please contact me with any questions.
2. Perfect Day at CocoCay
If you haven’t already heard, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line recently did a $200 million renovation to their private island and it is the envy of all the other cruise lines.
There are several options for Spring Break sailings making 1 or 2 stops at this private island in the Bahamas. Options include:
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami leaving March 6 (Friday) on Navigator of the Seas
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami leaving March 9 (Monday) on Navigator of the Seas
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral leaving March 6 (Friday) on Mariner of the Seas
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral (with 2 stops at CoCoCay) leaving on March 9 (Monday) on Mariner of the Seas
- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral leaving March 8 (Sunday) on Harmony of the Seas
- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Miami leaving March 7 (Saturday) on Symphony of the Seas
With several options, I can help you navigate the best ship and itinerary for you and your family. These ships will fill up as Spring Break gets closer and as they fill up the price increases, so it is always better to book cruises early.
3. Orlando Area Attractions: Disney World, Universal Studios and more…
Whether it is adding a few days before or after a cruise or planning an entire week or short getaway, there is so much in Orlando for a family of all ages. A lot of clients like to do a split stay at Disney World and Universal Studios.
Split stays allow you to take advantage of many resort benefits from each location and have less travel time. If you haven’t visited the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Orlando or Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, you should definitely add these two locations to your bucket list. However, while Disney World and Universal seem to be the main attractions in Orlando, there is still so many additional options including:
- SeaWorld: rides, attractions, up-close experiences and shows
- Discovery Cove: Swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling, up close animal encounters
- Water parks: Aquatica, Volcano Bay, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach
- Kennedy Space Center (near Port Canaveral about 1 hour from Orlando)
- Crayola Experience
- Legoland Florida
- And so much more…
4. California Adventure: San Diego and Disneyland
This is a wonderful week long vacation option. You can either start in Anaheim or start in San Diego, either way you can’t go wrong. San Diego is full of activities from kayaking and hiking to the world famous San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
The beaches of La Jolla are picturesque and home to seals and sea lions. Half way between San Diego and Anaheim, you will find Legoland California right off the interstate exit. It is a great stop in the drive and a must see for every Lego fan in your family. Finishing the trip in Anaheim, you will find the original Disneyland, which is full of history and fun. Unlike Disney World, you can easily do Disneyland and California Adventure Park in 3 days. Your kids of all ages will love these two parks from Small World and Carsland to Incredicoaster and Guardians of the Galaxy. This is a great option full of history, learning and entertainment.
5. Adventures by Disney: Costa Rica
If you are wanting to travel the world, but not wanting to deal with the stress of leading your family on the adventure, then Adventures by Disney is perfect for you. Sit back, relax and take in all the sites while your adventure guides handle all the details and make sure you are where you need to be, when you need to be there. It is a completely stress-free way to see the world. I absolutely loved my Italian adventure and can not say enough great things about it. For the early March spring break, there are two recently added dates. Both would involve missing a few days of school either on the front end or back end, but check out this itinerary!! It would be an unforgettable trip! The trip includes: Hotel accommodations, 16 meals, excursions like zip lining, chocolate rainforest experience, rainforest gondola ride, white water rafting, visit to Hot Springs and so much more!! Basically you just have to show up and have the absolute time of your life! (Minimum age is 4, recommended age is 8+) — Travel dates: Mar 4, 2020 – Mar 10, 2020 or Mar 11, 2020 – Mar 17, 2020
6. Disney Cruise Line Cruise
It is no secret my family loves Disney Cruise Line. The entertainment and shows, the meals, the kids club, the spa with rainforest room and their private island of Castaway Cay make it an easy vacation our entire family loves. I can not say enough good things about Disney Cruise Line and all that is included. The characters walking around the atrium and meeting with kids, Pirate’s Night and fireworks at sea are one of a kind. There are several sailings during Spring Break and all of them have great itineraries. As with Royal Caribbean, the sooner you book these, the better the rate and the more options for stateroom location. Spring Break options:
- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral leaving March 6 (Friday) on the Disney Dream
- 4-Night Bahamian Cruise from Port Canaveral leaving March 9 (Monday) on the Disney Dream
- 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from Miami with Marvel Day at Sea leaving March 9 (Monday) on the Disney Magic
- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral leaving March 7 (Saturday) on the Disney Fantasy
These are some great suggestions to help you decide the best spring break plan for you and your family. I can help you with the planning of any of these and more. Let’s get this checked off your to do list. Then, all you have to do is start the countdown with your kids. Super easy! Please feel free to contact me with the form below, email me or Facebook message via my Facebook page. Thank you in advance for supporting my small business and I look forward to working with you.